Kindermusik’s teaching philosophy is based on over 30 years of experience and rigorous research in the fields of early childhood development and music education. Our programs are based on the fundamental beliefs that:
- Every parent is the child's most important teacher.
- Every child is musical.
- The home is the most important learning environment.
- Music nurtures a child's cognitive, emotional, social, language, and physical development.
- Every child should experience the joy, fun, and learning which music brings to life.
In a Kindermusik class, our trained and licensed educators lead a group of parents and their children through joyful activities, using music and movement. Parents learn more about their child's unique developmental process, and the shared learning experience creates a unique bond as children associate learning with fun, musical play.
The learning process continues at home, guided by specially designed books, CDs, instruments and games.
- Movement and dance activities improve coordination and balance.
- One-on-one parent and child interaction nurtures self-esteem.
- Music-making and music listening activities develop self-discipline, as well as critical and creative thinking skills.
Our curricula is carefully designed to utilize music as a tool in teaching children so they can become better learners. Through consistent, supportive learning opportunities provided by both educators and parents working together, we develop skills in the whole child—cognitively, physically, socially, emotionally, language-wise, and musically—nurturing a love of music and learning to last a lifetime.